I Forge Iron

Kilts

larrynjr

Why laddie, do ya mean to tell me you're not wearing one now??? For shame!
You will never KNOW the meaning of sex object until you wear one in public for the first time.

McPherson Hunting for state occasions, black canvas Utilikilt for forging. Carpenter bluejeans for work, so the ladies will keep their hands off me. ;>)

Funny you should ask as I spent about an hour staring at the Utilikilt web site yesterday. I have been to the retail store, have the belt and am trying to find a buyer for my kidney so I can pick up a Workman's.

Last big festival I went to I was in the whole 9 yards of Great Kilt though I'll whack off a couple yards before I do that again......

N

I actually just ordered one from Amerikilts last night just before posting this thread. I like the look of the Utilikilts but wanted to try one and make sure I had the right stuff to wear one before commiting to the price of a Utilikilt.

Habu, where did you get those moccasin boots?

Larry,

It helps to go to a festival where they are selling the kilts. The fit on a kilt is weird, they have you stand in a three sided booth an drop trow as they wrap you in FREEDOM.... Just beware of the lasses with the Regimental Inspection Mirror On A Stick. BOG.

The Mocs come from Minnetonka-By-Mail - Minnetonka Moccasins Specialty Retailer nice boots good for dancing.

You know what a Scot wearrrs und'r da Kilt dun't ya lad?
why socks and boots, dun't ya know...

I've always been interested in them but haven't really been in the right place / time to go for it. The only part of my heritage I really know about is from my Mom's side, German / Swedish. My dad's side was adopted in about 3 generations back so no one knows for sure. I may not be blood Scottish but the freedom sounds very fine!

The_Old_Smiddy_Blair_Atholl.jpg

may I bring to your attention this photo given to me by the man who runs our local museum- of the Smiddy where I now live/work- its from around the 1920's give or take a decade. You can just make out the man wearing a kilt to rasp the horse's hooves...

kilt.jpg

I think its staged though, as the other lads in the photo are wearing leather aprons, covered in soot, and wearing dark colours, I am not sure in that day they would wear a white shirt to work!!!!

That's a nice trebuchet. :) It looks very like the one at Warwick Castle. Although they used man powered wheels like a hamster's exercise wheel where you walk inside the wheel to turn it. The photo above looks like the wheels are to small for someone to stand inside?

the wheels are 5' o/d, arm 22' 350 lbs, arm sling and a-frame give a release point 42' off the ground, counter weight is rated to 2000 lbs (we have fired it at 1100) Range 900' with a 10lb bowling ball at 1100 lb in the counter weight. accurate to 6' at 900ft. The firing of a burlap wrapped ball with 2 cups of coleman fuel at ten-o-clock at night into lake Estes brought the stands to their feet and a call from the police and fire marshal. It was a Beautiful Thing.

more Pic's and movies at Mad Splatter