I Forge Iron

Scored on some forge building materials

customcutter

Let me start out by saying that if you keep at long enough Frosty is right, you can and will find someone selling scraps of kaowool, inswool, etc. for a great price.   It was kind of like the TPAAAT thing.  I had looked all over the internet, for local sources of refractory materials, called anyone even marginally associated and asked.  No one knew of a supplier in the area.  Finally last Friday I went over to my local propane supplier (my mowers were propane) to fill a 20# tank for Saturday for the local FABA meeting.  I mentioned that I was looking for refractory materials to build my forge, and the guy behind the counter says I got a contact for you. It was that easy.

I got 2 boxes of 4 5' lengths(20') of 2600* inswool   $25.00 ea       $50.00 total, 1 55# bag of Mizzou $48.00,  2 hard 2700* bricks to block the front of the forge $5.00 ea  $10.00 total,  1 55# bag of  fumed silica  free, no charge, NADA.   Total for all items was $108.00 .  Can't beat that, certainly better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.  

Also picked up several pieces of scrap stainless steel 3/4", 1", and 1.25" each about 6' long for less than $20.00.

Not a bad day.  Tomorrow, I start on the forge.

Unfortunately no, we had one for Sunday's PB drawing and not a single number.  That's our normal outcome when we do occasionally buy a ticket.  I'm a firm believer that the lotto is a tax on those who don't understand math.  As we all know there are three kinds of people in the world, those who can do math and those who can't.....

8 minutes ago, customcutter said:

As we all know there are three kinds of people in the world, those who can do math and those who can't.....

Actually, there are only two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

2 hours ago, JHCC said:

Actually, there are only two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

I was wearing a T-shirt with that on it at my mom's one day.  She asked what the other kind of people was.  My response was "You I guess."