I Forge Iron

koawool/durablanket in europe

I believe kaowool is worldwide, I know on another forum I have heard the Europeans talking about it by name, unless that is just a generic name that they are using to describe ceramic fiber blanket.
I have also come across distributors in Europe when searching for foundry supplies, most of them sell refractory products, try searching for them, I know I am stuck mail odering my refractory supplys, you could be in the same predicament.

welder19

Thnx fore the rplie's guys,
I'l go to the big blasworks in liege, and ask there,
I'm also gonna try a search for keawool.
briks I have enough, an I use them for my coal forge, but i want to make a gas forge as light as possible, so I can have it in my van and pull it out when i need it on a job as a farrier (i'm stuying to be one, It's a 2 year cours do get an official diploma, and I'm almost halfway!), and briks would be a bit heavy. For the body i'm gonna use an old propane tank (no worry's I'l fill it up with watter when I cut in it), so to keep the volume pretty low, all it needs to heat are horse shoe's. anny other idea's?

Kind regards.

PS dont shoot the dislectics!

Kaowool in Germany is available under the name Silcaflex. If you follow this link, it will get you to a pdf-document, covering the complete wool sector form Silca!
If you click here, you will reach the main page of them.

Like I offered you to help you out with the coating, so I will be able to help you out with the wool. The problem with Silca is, that they won

Hofi, Thnx for the link , but I actually have the complete angele catalog, and the only blanket insolation in there, is cut to size of their own ovens, none on the role stuff, and seeing how I intent to build one myself, to my own needs (and because Its just lot cheaper), so I'm looking for an athor source. What i ofcourse have found in the angele cathalog, is a nice picture and short bio on U Sir Hoffi!, i'm thinking about ordering a heavy hammer to ;-).
Badger, the sicaflex, does seem the right stuf, and the dimensions you discribed seem a good size to me (ok maybe just a bit long on the 7200mm), would you happen to know where I can get a pricing on it?
thnx allot guys!!