I Forge Iron

whisper baby/momma

Reeltree

They're pretty good forges and can be upgraded without having to buy the factory relining kit. The Momma is a pretty good sized 2 burner, I haven't used the Baby but haven't heard anything bad.

Frosty The Lucky.

I've used the whisper baby. I really wasn't a fan to be honest. The burner left much to be desired. And getting things in and out of the little port holes was super awkward to say the least- partially because in the one I used there was a lip behind the door that small stuff would fall behind. It might not be too bad with some modifications though.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated auction pic's indicate two gassers,,and decent looking 80-100# range anvil,, will find out tomorrow evening, the guy use to be a farrier,, having no experience what so ever with gasser's,, which of the two would be more conducive to obtain?

fi199.cgi fi1.cgi  fi78.cgi

I should'a seen that one coming,, I would say,, buy the dump truck you can also put the 15 passengers in the back if need be

on the other hand ,, you didn't recognize either as an absolute "pig" "stay away from", that was the jest I was aiming at,, I shall use my better judgment  when I can get a closer hands on look at em,,,it has served me well in the past 

welp,, Im not saying I havn't been a victim of acquiring a pig in a poke in the past but I do try to limit those instances, hence the above posting, if the price is good and they look to be in good  and / or serviceable condition , i'll take my chances knowing there is a plethora of knowledge to be had here

Hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like one forge has a NA burner and the other a blown burner.  That might be a decisive difference for you, depending on your shop utilities or experience with same.

Hand crank Champion blower might be a winner as well, if it runs smoothly.

Good luck.

ok, thx,, I know nuttin about gassers,,I have three hand crank blowers now that were rehabbed out of old sheds,, I noticed in the second forge pic there maybe some burner parts missing,, I have a new in the box Dayton motor that should fit  if need be,,