I Forge Iron

Never seen one like this

sand

Yes, The rear does move up the notches.

It's quite stuck at the moment but nothing a little(or a lot) of WD-40 won't fix. 

It's not for sale at the moment. Maybe later, if I decide to sell it I'll let you know. 

I've seen one like it but it was gone before I got the the ATM and back. It's for quick large adjustments, say 1/2" to 6" without having to crank the screw the whole distance. Same idea as but different mechanism from a pipe clamp.

Frosty The Lucky.

sand, a similar vise was posted on here a year or more ago, might want to look for that thread if there are any pictures still left.

Frosty, my wife has figured out that I am not going to let another deal get away if I can help it. I have been skunked or sniped too many times. The ones that get away will haunt you.

Out on a random trip. "Honey, I only have $7, how much cash do you have?" "I am a little short at the moment. Only about $700, mostly hundreds." "You @#%*"

Ah, but the sweet satisfaction of picking up a primo tool and walking  staggering out with it, and guys stopping me before I get to the car, trying to buy it. I have also had students tagging along at an event with a tailgate section, and will lend them cash on the spot. They have never failed to pay me back.

But what can be sadder than to lend a friend, who was just 5 feet ahead of you at the fleamarket, the money to buy a item *you* would have loved to get and it being at unreasonably low prices!

Funny things about smiths; I know a *LOT* of them that I would cheerfully hand my wallet to them with no problem but WOULD NOT TURN MY BACK ON THEM IF THEY WE HOLDING A HOSE!