I Forge Iron

July 2017 Something for hanging on the wall

Glenn

I'd vote for a favorite but it's presenting quite the problem for me. First most are pretty good so I don't really have a favorite and secondly I keep thinking of more.

For example.  Old 3 Stooges show. Solicitor rings the door bell and a small door opens DING and a big boxing glove on a scissor thingy punches him off the steps DONG! IIRC it was Larry rang the bell. Now I think about it I remember the same gag in a Marx Brothers show so I imagine Laurel and Hardy had one too. 

I gotta stop now, I just thought of big red clawed arms reaching up out of the porch on each side to grab the bell ringer and drag him/er down. With flickering red lights, smoke and recorded screams of course.

No, noooooo, I gotta STOP!

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never contributed to one of these monthly builds but I've been looking at an old Mercury glass mirror that fell off the wall of my house. It would be a bigger project than I've taken on before so I've put off doing it. I might have to tie into it for this though. 

By the way, it was in the original wood frame when it fell and I don't think the frame can be salvaged. 

As a little update on the trap, I currently have a button glued under the trigger plate and have a car horn ready to go. I'm just working out the best value on a battery to power it. Looking at maybe a cheap HF drill battery and charger. Once that's done I'll figure out what to put on it and pick a name out of a hat or something. :) 

• 4 months later...

What's the results? 

Littleblacksmith 

LBS, sadly this got put on hold. I have it on the welding bench and still in mind. Once I get a power source( have one in mind) I'll get it finished up and draw a saying then draw the winner out or both winner and saying , and ship it. I feel bad it got shelved for the time being but things happen.  :rolleyes: even if it takes a year I'll get this done. Lol. Very sorry but still in play. 

• 8 months later...

I vote on #4

On 6/10/2017 at 10:31 PM, Ranchmanben said:

I've never contributed to one of these monthly builds but I've been looking at an old Mercury glass mirror that fell off the wall of my house. It would be a bigger project than I've taken on before so I've put off doing it. I might have to tie into it for this though. 

By the way, it was in the original wood frame when it fell and I don't think the frame can be salvaged. 

Can we get some pictures?