I Forge Iron

If we knew in which commonwealth you lived someone might be able to help. Perhaps putting your general location in the header like has been suggested a couple times already?

However even though I have NO IDEA what country you live in even I can suggest you look in the Yellow Pages, the paper ones not the internet. Try "coal supplier" if there aren't any, try Blacksmiths or Farriers. Talk to living human beings beats trying to get answers off a web page or contact links. Heating and furnaces are a couple more good bets.

If the folks you call don't carry what you want chances are they know who does or who will know.

Frosty The Lucky.

3 hours ago, Jonathan Pinkston said:

I live in Kentucky. KY. Hence the title. Thanks 

The point you seem to be  missing is saying where you live in a post or even in the title isn't the same thing as just putting it in the header. Being in the header it's in front of everybody's face when they read the post. If I have to leave the post to read the subject then I have to jump a couple hoops to get back to it.

It's not a rule but it makes things a LOT easier. When you are asking for something it's good policy to make it as easy to reply as possible. Why in the world would someone go to unnecessary work to do YOU a favor?

This isn't a rant I'm just saying you can make life a lot easier on yourself. I won't bother you about it again.

Frosty The Lucky.

You gotta make allowances for the folks without the TBI.  It was scary having folks tell me that after my TBI I was "more normal"; hopefully I'm getting past that now...

Anyway having your general location in your profile can help as surprisingly enough a lot of blacksmithing questions and answers have a location factor in them.

Kentucky is 3 states wide. It would help to know if your in the East, West, or middle of the state. Coal should be available in Kentucky. Let your fingers do the walking through the yellow pages, or do a google search then follow up on the results. Many times the mines will not want to deal with a 5 gallon bucket amount of coal but can tell you who they sell or deliver to that can help you. Contact the State Department of Mines. They should know who sells to the public or can refer you to someone who knows.