I Forge Iron

Harbor Freight Anvil

Those are great anvils for reenacting old road-runner cartoons if you happen to have a coyote around showing off his wiles.  That and doorstop are uses for which those are eminently suitable.

you should see this-

Littleblacksmith

Yes there used to be a HF cast steel russian anvil; still not properly hardened but an acceptable low grade anvil.  However the cast iron ones from China were cheaper and you can still misrepresent them to the customers as being an anvil....I once bought a cast iron ASO  myself---to make into a propane stove for Quad-State!   (Drilled like butter, there was so much graphite in it I was surprised it held together!)

Thanks guys, I guess I'll stick with my rail road track anvil until I run across a good anvil.

23 hours ago, Kozzy said:

Those are great anvils for reenacting old road-runner cartoons if you happen to have a coyote around showing off his wiles.  That and doorstop are uses for which those are eminently suitable.

Haha