I Forge Iron

Nimba anvil

I'm jealous.  My anvil is so ductile it's not funny.  I love the look of those Nimba.  If you're not a ferrier, and are doing heavy work (like hammer making, or even blade making rather than straightening long pieces that requires the long heel), they look more sensible to me than the London pattern.

Well I have a 300lbs rail anvil I made that I use for long pieces that need straightening out. It's just to big for normal work. 

The only problem I have with getting this nimba anvil is that I'm going to have to wait until around June to get it. They have to finish making it and ship it up to alaska. 

On March 15, 2017 at 9:48 AM, New axe maker said:

I have a large diameter pipe with 6x12 wooden center beam laying on it. I think it's about time to get something more stable. 

You may want to consider how to make the anvil stand adjustable in height. This would allow for different projects that might come through your shop, or even allow strikers or other blacksmiths to use the anvil.

Bummer, we'll just have to get together another time. I really look forward to checking out your new lady.  The next meeting after is May 6th. again at Pat's. Unless something causes us to change the date.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...