I Forge Iron

Trenton anvil age

Found this anvil at a local flea market. Am new to blacksmithing and have read some trenton's were usa made and some were German made. Can anyone tell me the age and country of manufacture of this anvil. Sorry have no other pictures. Also a good starting point on value would be appreciated. Thanks to all.

IMG_0508-1.png

Sorry but you need to provide a bit more info. What do the serial numbers look like on the front feet? Some pictures of the side with the logo will be helpful. What does the underside of the base look like- ie more pictures. 

I can show you a picture of my pick-up truck can you tell me where it was made and when?

A good starting point on value is to list it's location; shoot anvil prices can vary by 50% just within the USA not to mention the other 150+ countries that participate here.

That's one reason we suggest folks put a general location in their profile.  Turns out a LOT of blacksmithing questions have a location factor in them and putting a general location saves having to include it with every post you ask a question in.  (For instance I work in Mexico and live in the USA; should I give you a price in pesos or US dollars?)

22 hours ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

I'll wager that it is the same anvil, and still too high in price. I offered $600 for it back then, and the owner wouldn't budge.

Same here. Offered $600 but no go. I beleive it's in a flea market between eureka and Berryville. I have only talked to the guy over text and phone. Also finally got the correct weight maybe. The guy at the auction said it was 225 then the owner said 230, now says it's 215lbs? Either way I'm still on the hunt.