I Forge Iron

Belt grinder brands?

Well could you tell us what you want to use it for?  Otherwise it's like asking what vehicle I should buy without telling you if I need to haul 15 people or 1500 pounds of gravel or use it to drive 150 miles a day...

BTAIM I like Bader Grinders; of course that was what I learned on and so bought one when I had the chance.

Have you read the grinder section or the knife section of the site? There are several discussions in both areas. 

A "good belt grinder" needs to be better defined as to how you are going to use the grinder. Please give us additional information.

2 hours ago, Iron Osprey said:

I need a good belt grinder. seeing if anyone can point me in the right direction. 

Go West, young man, as far as you can, to get your toes wet. Turn around and go back to the place that makes you feel the most comfortable, that is called HOME!! Enjoy the Journey, there is nobody keeping Score. That is your job, just like when you are at the Bowling Alley. Use the pencil!!

Neil

Country of origin is a valid question and now that we know that a real non-snarky answer follows.  In the USA look into Bader, KMG, Kalamazoo, Burr King, Riverside, No-Weld, Grizzly...many more.  Google them.  Above list is from memory and perhaps in order of quality (debatable) except for Bader (best IMHO).