I Forge Iron

Cutting Edge Flower w/candle holder

CTBlades

44 minutes ago, CTBlades said:

No Schick shear lock.....nice one lol.. you should head str8 to the stage without stropping for shaved ice!

I got a little edgy there, glad I stropped to think or Admin would nick me.

30 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

Come on! Gillette over it! You dont always have to best the man, you get?

Brother you lost me after Gillette over it. Frosty NO get.  :blink:

Judging by our Avatars I'd saw none of us have a close relationship with a razor unless one of you shaves your legs. NO don't tell me!

Frosty The Lucky.

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

Judging by our Avatars I'd saw none of us have a close relationship with a razor

Frosty The Lucky.

Perhaps not today but the funny thing about that is, I owned a men's grooming shop which was all about traditional shaving...brushes, soaps, str8 razors, vintage and new single and double edge razors, aftershaves, colognes and hardware. That's the reasons I had all those blades.

Nowdays I shave once a week if need be lol!

Frosty, it was an attempt on Gillettes slogan but I failed. :rolleyes: 

CT so that's where all those came from. I have only ever found a couple nicer old ones and sold them to people who wanted them as is. :)  

yup, I shave once a week or if I need to. No frosty, not my legs lol

Yes they are out there. I prolly still have 100 vintage blades and 30 or so complete usable vintage razors. I only keep 5 of my favorites to use....and no Frosty, not on anything lower then my neck but I have done my brides legs with  a str8.

Shave, shave, let's see.  Last time I shaved was for my job interview about 14 years ago and I kept my mustache.  For my job interview 4 years ago I kept the beard as well...my  insulin pump sets and the CGMS set are removing the hair on my stomach without the need for a razor.  Yes I am a balding portly bearded UNIX guy and have been known to wear suspenders....(and watch out for Alice...)   

NAW, you didn't fail Das you got me fair and square. I had to look up the Gillette slogan, it's been a few years since I bought a razor blade.

I used to shave summers but Deb prefers I cover as much of my face as possible. Polite lady she is she says she likes the beard. :rolleyes:

One of the really enjoyable things about Iforge is discovering what our alter egos are. Finding out you were a professional barber(?) is most cool. I've only gotten a real shave once and have to admit it was a good experience besides the clean shave. Now I buzz my head every week or so and occasionally comb my beard.

I knew I was going to get done in playing the pun game with razors but you did for me right out of the box. I concede victory Ray with a big fat grin.

Frosty The Lucky.

You guys are all nuts lol....

Frosty I was not a barber, my shop was retail, everything old school, no electric razors or the 5 bladed crap of today. 

I did have a old barber shop display with a solid oak and walnut barber chair from the 1800's

i also had a gorgeous blonde gal that did str8 razor shaves. She paid me so the set. I honed str8s, usually 20 a day as part of my shop and also restorations and custom scales for vintage and antique razors and a few custom razors. Some of my work below.

IMG_0676.PNG

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_2016.PNG

IMG_2040.JPG

IMG_2097.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG

That brings an ancient saying (I just made up) to mind, Ray, "popular as a razor salesman in a prison."

I like the Steam punk handle, cast resin or do the parts move? I think a similar model would be perfect for "special" clientele, after about 20 strokes and the vibrator would go off. 

Frosty The Lucky.

lol I bought a box of junk watches and smashed them with a hammer. Then I used a mother board, sanded off the green to expose the copper then glue pieces all over before backing it with G-10 and pouring marine acrylic over them (the scales) the sanded, buffed and poof, razor scales. That's one I kept for myself lol.

I really like it, I've been a steam punk fan since the first time I saw "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea." I have to remember to take the goggles off my Derby when I wear it to dinner, etc. Okay, been a fan since well before there was a "Steampunk" label, as a little kid I'd draw TVs with smoke stacks, cars with legs, etc.

How many pocket watches do you have? . . . Intact pocket watches that is.

Frosty The Lucky.