I Forge Iron

damascus American flag!

Here is a video put out by the great Alec Steele! forging a Damascus American flag, the best pattern, ive seen yet, really neat. I think this is the best thing coming out of the election.

so here it is! (not trying to start a political debate, Please don't)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63e9tugS_ts&feature=em-subs_digest

Littleblacksmith

I had not! wow that one is very nice, and looks much more difficult!!!

just did a google search to see if I could find a more zoomed out picture. it gets better- how in the world did he do the USA?!

Image result for damascus american flag

Littleblacksmith

13 hours ago, littleblacksmith said:

I had not! wow that one is very nice, and looks much more difficult!!!

just did a google search to see if I could find a more zoomed out picture. it gets better- how in the world did he do the USA?!

it is explained in the knife making section...

On 09/11/2016 at 11:29 AM, ThomasPowers said:

Have you seen the one that Daryl Meier did and presented as a bowie knife to President Bush?  Cleaner pattern in my opinion.

gallery-flag.jpg

God bless America

that is very neat, I'm haven't done any forge welding. What times of steels were using for that Damascus pattern??

• 4 weeks later...

And here is Alec forging the British flag. In my opinion it seems like it was easier to do, and less complicated. But is still really cool! makes me really want that Pilkington...

Littleblacksmith