I Forge Iron

No-name anvil

This is my first real anvil, and I'm so excited. Could someone help me identify the maker of this anvil?  It came from Indiana and it is at least 60 years old according to the man I bought it from, he says it's been around since he was a kid. I cannot seem to find any makers Mark's or any numbers At all.

IMG_2265.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2266.JPG

Also, don't be so quick to assume no maker's mark, especially with an older anvil that shows its mileage. I'd owned my anvil for thirty years before I realized that there was a maker's mark on the side. Try looking at the side from a very low angle, with a single light source at an equally low angle. Who knows what you might find.

Left hand number is the weight, right hand number is the serial number NOT the date.  Caplet depression is generally a Trenton but can be Arm and Hammer as they sometimes shared basses---both manufacturers were in Columbus OH, USA   Someone collocated with their copy of Anvils in America can give you a date associated with that serial number.

Some Arm & Hammers are quite smooth on the underside of the heel.  And some marked Trentons look very choppy under the heel like A&H's.  

That is a Trenton anvil. Anvils In American lists it as 1924 date.  Can you post a closeup picture of the side of the anvil (horn facing right)?  there may be some faint stamping, that serial number and logo are important to me for the Trenton logo database.  Thanks!