I Forge Iron

Trying my hand at Sculptured Metal Art

So over the weekend I was rather bored waiting for the final delivery of materials for my new gas forge. I have a pile of junk and a welder, (I am no welder lol) and decided to try my hand at sculptured metal art.

I give you "Plierannosaurus Rex" and a simple "Love" for my lovely bride.  

Plier.jpg

Welded Love.JPG

16 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

Nice work. Like the Plierannosaurus Rex, he has some attitude :) 

they both look good. A little practice and you could be a better welder. 

Thanks....I'll keep practicing. Just messing around, killing time and having some fun!

This stuff is SUPPOSED to be fun! Well done on both. Next thing you know you'll be making a velociraptor fender ornament for the bike. wouldn't want to do that you know, the other guys might want to give you money to make them a fender ornament. Wouldn't want that to happen, oh no!

Very cool.

Frosty the Lucky.

6 hours ago, Frosty said:

This stuff is SUPPOSED to be fun! Well done on both. Next thing you know you'll be making a velociraptor fender ornament for the bike. wouldn't want to do that you know, the other guys might want to give you money to make them a fender ornament. Wouldn't want that to happen, oh no!

Very cool.

Frosty the Lucky.

You mean sell something for real money? lol hmmmm....Oh no, I wouldn't want that to happen. LOL

11 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

I wouldn't argue lol. But it's sad to see my children I've created leave. Then again some just won't. :) 

LOL I hear you. I get that way with many of the knives I make and the str8 razors I've restored. I have a few (to many) that just wont go either lol!

Good effort, CT. Yes, this stuff is supposed to be fun! Multigrips and Stillson wrenches work very well for 'sauruses - you don't have to forge the teeth! I like the bolt eye and the chain crest. Try a couple of horse shoes for the back legs, or bend the bolts in a U shape.

These things are a good cure for boredom. It's a good test of creativity and you never make two the same.

Carry on!