I Forge Iron

Fisher anvil before and after cleaning

if you don't mind me asking, were did you find and anvil for $25? scrap yard? also, what's the weight?

Littleblacksmith

On 9/23/2016 at 7:49 PM, littleblacksmith said:

if you don't mind me asking, were did you find and anvil for $25? scrap yard? also, what's the weight?

Littleblacksmith

I saw a ad on Craigslist for some tools and farm equipment. I went out there wanting to buy a table saw...that wasn't a good deal but loaded the truck with all kinds of other tools. While looking next to the barn I saw the anvil and he said if you can get it in the back of you truck you can have it for 25 bucks. Not knowing anything about them I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was able to load it, almost blew out a nut. I weighted it when I got home and it's 167 pounds. 

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

Oh yeah, that's one of those legendary deals that make us all envious. Fishers are very desirable anvils, they're quiet and efficient. What else did you get in the haul?

Frosty The Lucky.

Nice generator, a Ridgid pipe vise, engine hones, welding stuff, wrenches, 5 large metal bins full of Carter pins, lock nuts, machine screws, tap and die set, 3 jaw puller, 36 inch pipe wrench, and many many more things. All for a grand total of 240 bucks.ha. wish I had days like that more often.