I Forge Iron

save the date. Sep. 23-25, NEB Fall meet

• 3 weeks later...

A little more info about the meet:

This year’s NEB Fall Meet will be held at Morrell Metalsmiths in Colrain, Massachusetts on September 23rd, 24th, and 25th. We’ve had a couple great meets there in the past, the space is wonderful and the countryside is beautiful. The instruction and demos are going to be focused more on the new and upcoming smiths this time around! The demonstrators this fall are Leigh Morrell, Bob Menard, and Nick Downing. Hope you all can make it, should be a fantastic time!

Very Narrow window of opportunity to schedule things in the Fall in New England.  Any later it's Leaf Peeping Season and everything is booked for rooms and the roads are full of tourists and busses.  Long Haul from Places like Maine and upstate NH and VT esp. going West as there are few roads headed that direction to get to Quad-State, 

Sounds like next year Thomas is going to help us find a venue, demonstrators, and a dozen or so volunteers all willing and available on the same weekend and then make sure nothing else interesting is happening within a 16 hour drive.  

We have some folks that sometimes go out to quad state but it's far enough away that it's not a major draw for our membership.  

Well I've met a ton of folks from up that way, not to mention Canada, at Quad-State before; it's only a 1500 mile each way trip for me and I've met folks from out here there besides me. (I consider myself a special case as I lived in Ohio for 15 years before I moved out here for work).   Having been President of an affiliate before and had the "fun" of scheduling stuff we tended to not schedule against the ABANA conference or Quad-State even when they were at a distance from us.  If you didn't have that Luxury I can understand, I just thought it weird.  So you want to meet out here next year?  I can probably arrange it; but if you consider Quad-State as far away, the El Paso area will be a tad farther...

there are 52 weekends a year, half of which are winter weather for us so we are down to 26 weekends,  everyone of those weekends will have a dozen events scheduled that I would like to attend within 1-3 hrs from me.  The chances of me driving 15-18 hrs to Ohio is slim to none at this point.  I use to drive to Camp Perry Ohio outside Sandusky for the National Rifle Matches every yr. but that was 35+ yrs ago. 

NEBs had a hard time getting an event set up and finding the volunteers to run it without worry what is going on 700+ miles away when 99% of us wouldn't be planning on attending it anyways.  I thank Judson and the Morrells plus the entire NEBs board  for all the work and planning for this event and hope I can make it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Lou L said:

Correction, as if it were important....  Notownkid told me to look you up, not Trez.

Another correction; look up EVERYBODY. A great reason to wear an IFORGE T shirt, other IFI members will introduce themselves on sight. I wear mine at meeting so new guys don't have to ask who the guy telling jokes and tall tales is. B)

Enjoy.

Frosty The Lucky.

10 hours ago, Frosty said:

Another correction; look up EVERYBODY. A great reason to wear an IFORGE T shirt, other IFI members will introduce themselves on sight. I wear mine at meeting so new guys don't have to ask who the guy telling jokes and tall tales is. B)

Enjoy.

Frosty The Lucky.

I don't have the t-shirt yet!  They can just look for the 6'6" guy....

2 hours ago, notownkid said:

See you Lou L  tomorrow

Glad you can make it!  I guess everything went well.