I Forge Iron

what to do with it?

so I know someone who has a ball peen hammer that he wants me to "repurpose" or make something out of it for him. I told him that I could make a tomahawk/or hatchet out of it, but he said that he wants something more decorative or something he can use daily and be able to say " yea, this was my fathers". got any ideas of what I could make. pics would be great.

thanks in advance,

Littleblacksmith

We need more information, ball peins make all kinds of good tool stock. What's the gentleman do for a living, hobbies, etc? A showy curly maple or Myrtle wood handle will make it an eye catching wall hanger.

Reforging ball peins isn't hard to do but you have to have something in mind first. Garden tool, hand adze, meat tenderizer, cleaver, etc. There are more possibilities than I can think of.

Frosty The Lucky.

he wants something that he can display. not so much a tool.

littleblacksmith

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:14 PM, Charlotte said:

Would help if we knew what he did for work or recreation.    After all it is a lump of tool steel with a hole through it.  Daswulf  would make a critter out of in short order:lol:

a little critter out of it is something he might like, got any ideas. he also asked if I could make a cross out of it, and I said that probably not but would have to think about it. anybody know how to make one if its even possible without welding anything else on to it???? he wasn't really wanting other stuff welded on to it, but if yall got any ideas than I can share them with him and see what he thinks.

Littleblacksmith

On 2/14/2016 at 1:30 PM, littleblacksmith said:

so I know someone who has a ball peen hammer that he wants me to "repurpose" or make something out of it for him.

I've got a neighbor that drives a Garbage Truck, ... who is always bringing me stuff he picks up along his route.

A lot of it is useful, and I appreciate getting it, ... but some is just truly weird junk.

The point being, ... if HE doesn't know what to do with it, ... how-the-heck are YOU supposed to know ?

13 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

I had not realized that Google had been banned in Texas.  Google Egg Cup and look at the images

sorry for not thinking

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:10 AM, SmoothBore said:

I've got a neighbor that drives a Garbage Truck, ... who is always bringing me stuff he picks up along his route.

A lot of it is useful, and I appreciate getting it, ... but some is just truly weird junk.

The point being, ... if HE doesn't know what to do with it, ... how-the-heck are YOU supposed to know ?

good point.

Littleblacksmith