I Forge Iron

Star Wars

coldironkilz

I've seen them all. Don't know if I will bother with any more new ones though. I read almost all the books for the decades following episode 6, and the prequel books also. Disney ........... can't think of good enough bad words. Just doesn't go with the already existing Star Wars universe.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I saw "Star Wars" I think 3 times in theater in it's first run. I saw the next one once and haven't bothered with the rest. Like so many things in a market driven society popularity killed it.

Frosty The Lucky.

I am not surprised you did not get past the second one...That was the one that left you with a real cheated feeling of unfinished business...and there was twelve months to wait for the resolution...brought it right down to daily soap opera cliffhanger levels. As a boxed-set going from one to another the first six episodes would be fine.

Peter Jackson did the same thing with the Hobbit by spinning it out into three films and releasing them months  apart...screwed up the story trajectory. Again you need to watch them back to back over a weekend to enjoy. It is how I read the book...once I got into it (at the age of 14) I could not put it down so it was an all-nighter...Lord of the Rings I read over a week and did little else....glutton for punishment me. Something to do with OCD I suspect...

Alan

19 hours ago, ianinsa said:

Which one? If you mean ALL ? then me I'm a sucker for escapism :)

I haven't seen the new one yet.

But if we are talking blacksmith's escapism, the second Alien film takes some beating...Who amongst us did not think "Wow! I could do with that in the forge to pluck out a bit of red hot steel and pull and push it around just like plasticine in your fingers" when they saw Sigourney Weaver commanding the hydraulic loader at the beginning and end of the movie. :)

Alan

Just for the sake of winding you up - my Mum works in the film business and gets invited to premieres/private screenings/previews etc. She got an invite to the Star Wars premiere but didn't go, not her cuppa tea.. As an Oscar winner she's also a member of the Academy so gets sent the screeners to view and vote on for the awards - she's been sent Star Wars but still hasn't watched it. That horrified my girlfiend who saw it on the opening day with her mates.

Funnily enough I was talking with a client about a sculpture the other day when they mentioned that their son was asked by the croud casting people if he wanted to be a Storm Trooper as he was the right height for the outfits (he's a soldier and they were casting soldiers for the parts), but he turned it down. Right decision I.M.H.O, extras work is the most boring, feet aching, soul destroying work ever, can't go for a pee when you want either. Imagine beging in all that Storm Trooper gear stood in one spot for 12 hours under all those lights, not allowed to move and go pee.

3 hours ago, ianinsa said:

Alan, common now what caught your attention most? The Loader or the hydraulic one?;)

Well strangely I remembered the name of the loader, the make of the hydraulic machine I forgot!

Wow I could do with one of those.... :)

Alan

1 hour ago, Joel OF said:

snip... Imagine beging in all that Storm Trooper gear stood in one spot for 12 hours under all those lights, not allowed to move and go pee.

That must be why they are never able to hit anything they shoot at...too uncomfortable to aim straight. :)

Alan

Have a good friend that worked a civil war movie in Louisiana in July in Yankee uniform.   The Uniform was Wool!  Said the only relief was when they had to charge across the creek about 10 times.   Fell down repeatedly in the water.  :lol:.

I've seen all the previous star wars movies more than once.  The Disney version definitely lacks the spiritual ambience that motivated the first three. Disneyfying a theme is always a sad event. 

I've wanted an exoskeleton or better yet powered armor since reading "Starship Troopers" in the early-mid 60's. "Alright you apes, on the bounce! You want to live forever?!"

It's only been the last decade or so anybody could make a movie with special effects worthy of the stories. Still nothing like the movie that runs in my mind when I read. I'm hoping someone will do, the "Honor Harrington" series or the "Aldenata" series or "Into the Looking Glass" series, without screwing them up using "proven" production values. The recent Star Trek movies with the young Kirk and crew or "Battleship" based on the Hasbro game give me hope.

Oh that's right the Star Wars #? movies. I've been seeing them in collector sets at garage, yard, etc. sales for a buck for some time now. Maybe I'll pick them up next time.

Frosty The Lucky.