I Forge Iron

Help!!

II made this Damascus ring with band saw blade and flat spring, now I can't keep it from rusting on my finger. I thought about etching and sealing with bee's wax and repolishing. Is there anything that you guys would suggest. I really like this ring and want to keep wearing it but not if its going to constantly rust.

KIMG0346.jpg

36 minutes ago, T.J.watts said:

Thanks das, I spoke to a silversmith I know and he said to use renaissance wax. I looked it up and its a micro chystaline polish used in museums for restorations and rust prevention.

yup and if i remember right Frosty recommends Trewax. he sais they use it on bowling alleys and those take one heck of a beating.  he sais to apply it and "hot cup of coffee" temperature.  it's worth trying stuff out and see what works best. heck try some stuff and show your findings here, it could be educational for everyone. 

Realized i hadn't said it yet.... Beautiful ring. :)

iron plus sweat (salty water) and it rusts?  wow... who would have thought....  either seal it or use non rusting materials, I dont see any other option.  From your photo, I can see that it turned out well, and it looks very nice.   I can see why you have to save it.