I Forge Iron

T burner Blueprint

NickOHH

So i am looking to build a gas forge to open more opertunity to forge in poor weather, which is usualy when i get most of my free time, but it seems that the website doesnt think i should build one so it wont let me browse the BP section. So i am looking for a link for BP0191 or similiar burner designs. Thanks.

Serch "T burner" "Frosty's T burner" "Jerry Frost's T burner" and "Jerry Frost" 

he is working on an updated/improved BP, word is Glenn had a problem with a former member downloading BP's on to disk and selling them on fleabay. Uncool. Tho, as soon as he sees your request he will generaly send you a link or a coppy. 

Their are hundreds of posts on here descussing the burner, and the designer has explaned it manytimes, do a bit of reserch. As for me I generaly use Google as my IFI serche-fo sucks

Bit of advice, once you find the info study it, personal experiance is the Jerry will bend over backwards to help you out. But he gets a bit cranky if you dont do your home work (somthing about typing out an explination that has been archived here a few hundred times...)

Thanks I've been doin research and I've gone over that blue print before but it has been awhile, I know the BP but can't seem to get there tried searches on Google but just came up with other posts referencing the number but no link to the page and it's not allowing me to browse the BP section.

Charles: Give him a few to see your post and I bet he will hook you up (may be the wee hours of the AM

It depends on when I get a chance to look up the material and answer the questions. It was actually 6 hours and at 3PM.

That's rascal Charles, lazy rascal. It's in your spell check for lazy's sake MAN. :P

I'm still looking to get some decent tech illustrations straightened out and I'll have a how to or BP or. . . some darned thing about putting a T burner together.

I'm about ready to just do a freehand sketch and let folk figure out what I mean.

Frosty The Lucky.

Any woman that would put up with the likes of you (or I for that mater) is, by defalt or desighn a good woman. Hold her tight and cherish her

Oh yeah, everything else I have can be replaced or done without, I ain't letting Deb go for anything.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Glenn I appreciate the help and always enjoy chatting with ya !! Gonna study the BP tonight and hit the hardware store this week maybe have a gasser to try this weekend.

Nick, a burner isn't all that hard to put together. However locating decent insulating material for your forge might be. When I went to build mine originally, I bought regular fire bricks that Fizzano's down the street had in stock. These are hard bricks, not the soft insulating bricks. They take forever to heat up and suck down a tremendous amount of fuel. Because of this my forge really didn't do so good. I'd get things hot, but not really all that hot, certainly not hot enough to forge weld.  Don't bother buying the hard bricks, they aren't worth it. If you really want to buy some, let me know. I'll sell you the ones I have. You will want to invest in either soft insulating bricks, or insulating blanket like Kaowool. To get these, you'll have to order what you need. Wayne Coe here has all that stuff if you want to order some.

I've been kicking around redoing my gas forge. I've got one of the Reil style burners I built, as well as one of Steve Gesheimer's that I bought from him at one of the PABA meetings. Eventually I'd like to pick up a 2nd one of his burners possibly and build a forge similar to his 2 burner forge I posted up in the Smiths of NJ thread. I just need to find some decent flat sheet and buy the 2" insulation and coatings if I go that route.

Edited by DSW