I Forge Iron

A pic for Frosty

ausfire

Frosty, this is about as far away from Alaska as possible! You were saying how you like pics of anything - scenery, pets whatever. Well, here's a bunch of parrots having a nice feed of sunflower seed near my loungeroom window. They are rainbow lorikeets ... obvious name. Raucous, squabbly characters but we like 'em.

I cannot relate this picture to blacksmithing, other than to say I feel somewhat ashamed that I bent a piece of old wire into a hook to hang the feeder on. I feel I should make an attractive spiralled S hook when I have the forge going tomorrow.

rainbows2.jpg

Dull and boring Quail by the dozens outside my windows and recently had a road runner looking at it's reflection in my window---they make a very odd ratcheting sound. The Harris Hawks are not brightly coloured and their cry is sort of like a dying crow...Now the humming birds are a treat to look at.

I don't know about in Oklahoma but in South Texas the starling will decide on a place to roost, in mass, at night and nothing short of a 12 gauge will change their minds.  There is a Red Lobster restaurant in Victoria that has premantly stained side walks and parking spaces for the years of them roosting there.   Sky rats!!

Russell

Colorful. They don't look too friendly though.

They certainly are colourful - you can identify all of the spectrum colours there. And yes, they are very unfriendly to other birds ... real bully boys who like to 'rule the roost'. Australia really is the stronghold of the parrots and we have many different species visiting our gardens each day. Their antics, especially now in the Spring, are an endless source of amusement.