I Forge Iron

quench bucket

after getting a hole in an old galvanized bucket I normally use and wanting something deeper, also in a hurry getting ready for an event recently I cut the top off an old fire extinguisher.

takes up less room when going to an event and less floor space in the shop.

most are lined with something rubbery but this older one was not, should be ok for all smaller stuff but wont use it for really big stuff

SAM_0804.thumb.JPG.7f6d62c584e3325fc29c6

I have worked in the fire protection industry for over 20 years. I have personally never seen a portable fire extinguisher lined with anything rubbery. They have to be emptied and visually inspected on a regular basis, checking for rust or other corrosion, as well as hydrostatically pressure tested. 

I built a wooden holder to hold my extank quench tank so it's less likely to get knocked over and as it's full of oil that is a consideration  As I recall it was a couple of pieces of scrap 4"x4" with two pieces of 2" x 6" screwed on crossways with a circle cut out of them to hold the tank snugly.