I Forge Iron

home made vise stand

poundhound

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, nice vise stand, table, ?.  A couple suggestions maybe for next time. Mounting the vise close to a corner allows you to bend stock around the jaw without the table getting in the way. The other thing would be to round off the corners so they don't hurt quite as much when you walk into them.

There is so much potential in that drop my mind boggles. :blink:

Nice score. Well done.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty, I was actually thinking after tacking it together that I would cut the corners off. But mounting it off the corner is a great idea too. They were too useful to scrap! I actually have a pair of these drops so I thought the other one would end up as a makeshift swage/bolster block after welding in some gussets and some time with a mag drill and some files! They are 27 1/2" tall x 14+"wide and 25" long.

On 6/7/2016 at 7:59 AM, ggraham said:

Green is peaceful, has always been my favorite color,

my vise is mounted on a tire filled with concrete with square tubing extending up to 2x10 table. got it that way, works, so have not changed(will get some pics later)

did mount a HF compact bender but have since but hardie shank on bender to use with anvil or vise,

will eventually but hardie receiver on my work benches to accommodate the bender wherever needed.

sometimes (very often) I lose focus and wind up making tongs/punches/chisels or some other fancy.

I hate it when this happens, but at least it's not, damn, lost focus again.

better go before the puter loses focus.......

George

finally regained focus, as noted above, works and have not needed to change, so for now, that's all folks.

20160607_121256.jpg

• 2 weeks later...