I Forge Iron

All my knives are breaking!

Tanner

Sigh; my daughter still refuses to let me give my grandsons hammers!

how old is he? My father in law gave my son a hammer (not a toy one) when he was about a year old. He's been 'helping' build stuff every since. He's two in a couple weeks and you better not leave any nails or hammer where he can find it or else he will be putting nails anywhere and everywhere he can get them to stick. Including the nice reclaimed heart pine floor I just finished putting the last board down when he came home from grandparents house.

I was about 1 and a half when I crawled up into bed and slammed a boot down between my dad's eyes because he wanted to sleep instead of play.  When I was 6, he put a hammer in my hand, so we could knock down a rotted wooden fence, and the hammer head came off (totally his fault for not tightening the wedges) and landed on his head from about 20 feet up.  So yeah, I'm keeping heavy things away from any kids I might have until they're at least 6, and even then, it will be with very much forethought and a little bit of training for, and checking of, the equipment.

I was about 1 and a half when I crawled up into bed and slammed a boot down between my dad's eyes because he wanted to sleep instead of play.  When I was 6, he put a hammer in my hand, so we could knock down a rotted wooden fence, and the hammer head came off (totally his fault for not tightening the wedges) and landed on his head from about 20 feet up.  So yeah, I'm keeping heavy things away from any kids I might have until they're at least 6, and even then, it will be with very much forethought and a little bit of training for, and checking of, the equipment.

Oh MAN I gotta send your kids hammers for Christmas! The stories to be told are making me salivate!

Frosty The Lucky.

T.J.: Watching videos is what put him in this mess in the first place. Anybody but ANYBODY with a video camera and Youtube account can post an "expert" how to video. We spend all too much time trying to undo the MISeducation they cause.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hey, was that a jab at me? :)

-J

Hey, was that a jab at me? :)

-J

No, just tried to point out it was too general a suggestion. Linking specific videos so new guys don't have to sift the wheat from the chaff is more helpful. I was going to explain but kept getting Forbidden. I have crossed fingers.

Frosty The Lucky.

Wasn't my intent to forbid:D but as an example, ABANA curriculum , three river blades, Caleb white knives, Trollskyy, Walter Sorrells. I understand what you mean about you tube but you should always read and fact check as well.

Edited by T.J.watts