I Forge Iron

Salvaged Grilling Fork

I was making a flux spoon out of a rr spike. I broke the bowl off trying to shape it. I think I went about the whole process backwards. Anyway thats for another post. I was left with a pretty cool handle so I made a grilling fork out of it for a buddy of mine. Came out pretty cool, now his father in law wants one.

fork1.jpgfork2.jpg

Edited by norrin_radd

It could use a little more handle length and I've discovered the ladies don't like pineapple twists for handles, the corners are too sharp in their hands. It'll be a good way to keep them away from out grilling tools. ;)

Now all it needs is a carving knife. . . Well, the rest of the grill tool set.

Frosty The Lucky.

Where are you at?  I once filled up a flat rate box with spikes for a 15 year old whose parents would let him forge but not scrounge---wise parents.

I can generally find a gracious plenty of them at the scrapyard.  You can also buy them new from the manufacturers.

That is one wicked looking fork!!

Also as Thomas said do you actually need more spikes? I have more of them than I will need for a while. They arent the HC ones they have a letter V  and either a 3 or 8 after it so not real sure of the composition.

Edited by redd1981

Thanks for the comments guys. I actually have one or two spikes currently, and those already have spoken for projects. I think I have a line on somebody that has some locally though, I just got to get off my tail and get them. Going to see if he might trade for some mower blades.

On a semi related note I just found out that the local ACE hardware is closing its doors this week and everything is 1/2 off. Sad in a way,but by the time I found out it had almost been picked clean. But there was still alot of the various mild steel tidbits left in there bin so I might hit that up for some stuff to have around. At least some more 1/4 round for fork tines!

That fork makes me think of that big slab of ribs that used to roll the Flintstones. ;)