I Forge Iron

How to make a Swage Block.

Interesting.

Here is a pic of one my Dad made at the community college welding shop. They had a CNC oxy torch. IIRC it was burned out of 2" thick plate. The smaller one was just a for fun exercise by scaling it down 50% in the program. The plan was to drill the smaller holes, but he never got around to it.

Aquí está una foto de uno de mi papá hecho en el taller de soldadura colegio comunitario. Tenían un oxi antorcha CNC. IIRC se quemó fuera de "placa gruesa 2 La más pequeña era sólo por diversión y ejercicio, por su reducción del 50% en el programa:.. El plan era hacer los agujeros más pequeños, pero nunca llegó a hacerlo.

post-9835-0-38579100-1401332797_thumb.jp

Welcome aboard Morcy, glad to have you. I haven't been able to do more than take a quick glance through your tutorial but it sure looks good. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks Morcy,I copied your plan and had the local profile cutters cut one out of a one piece block 100mm through.

They done a great job &cut very neatly with only some cleaning up to do,when i get it home from work i will post a photo of it.

It is cut from mild steel,and will save the anvil from some heavy work that i have in mind.

So thank you again Morcy ,well done.

• 4 weeks later...