I Forge Iron

Bottle openers - from Recycled Material

Gergely

After I viewed a couple of bottle opener topics around here I decided to try some myself. 

I managed to pick up some opener-to-be like stuff from the srapyard, so yesterday made those into their second life form. 

The whole idea was originally far from my mind, so I thank you guys for the inspiration, espiacially: 

beammeupscotty, coldironkillz, Michael Dillon.

post-48601-0-76592500-1393836170_thumb.j post-48601-0-27893600-1393836189_thumb.j post-48601-0-53756700-1393836194_thumb.j post-48601-0-66244700-1393836214_thumb.j post-48601-0-05862100-1393836217_thumb.j

Any critique is very welcome!

Greetings

Gergely

Nice work Gergely. However it IS a long standing blacksmith tradition to thoroughly test bottle openers, as suggested 6 bottles is a base test, opening more is better. A blacksmith should do the testing him/her self but inviting some friends over to help is acceptable.

Frosty The Lucky.

Those are nice Gergely, I quite like them.
Frosty, what you say is true, however my accountant snarled at me when I exclaimed that the beverages are a legitimate cost of doing business.

Bean counters! <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank you All for the kind words!

I like the design on the first one.

That's a crank arm for an old bike. It was suprisingly nicely forgeable material. I really liked to hammer on it and it twisted very easily. - I will hunt for these arms cause I like this opener, too. 

Bests:

Gergely