I Forge Iron

Elementary Forge Practice, Harcourt

BIGGUNDOCTOR

I have a book also titled elementary forge practice that i purchased off of ebay but it is smaller and soft cover,i think it may be a reprint but it has those same type illustrations.I thought it was a decent deal for like 8 or 9 bucks i think i paid for it,i still see them on there once n a while for anyone interested.

FCiron; perhaps Lindsay re-printed both; but sitting on my desk is "Elementary Forge Practice" By Robert H. Harcourt  reprinted by Lindsay Publications inc. (1995 reprint of the 1917 copyrighted one.)

While going through my Library I also ran across:

"Forging Practice" by  Carl G Johnson, (1946 edition)

"Blacksmithing"  James M Drew 1935

"Schmiedeeisen"  Franz Nabl  it's in Fraktur...  Earliest I have tracked this down in the 47 picture version is 1930  after WWII it was re-issued with fewer pictures

"Geschmiedetes Eisen" Fritz Kuhn 1939 (sold under the counter at the Frankfurt Fleamarket due to content not allowed on public display)

"Das Zweischneidige Schwert Der Germanischen Volkerwanderungszeit" Elis Behmer  also 1939

"Schone Alte Wirsthaus Schilder" Walter Leonhard 1973/1977

I spent a summer in German on a business trip and know enough German to order a beer and to ask about old blacksmithing books at the fleamarkets and used book stores  (though the sword one I purchased from another IFI member!)

(Old as much was destroyed or changed during the various wars and so the earlier the source the better!)