I Forge Iron

Steel bamboo

My dial up is blazing at 26.4 Kbps right now...it usually runs 24. We're way out in the country and until recently, the phone lines were laying in the ditch. Whenever someone bush hogged the fields we lost phone service because they ran over the wire. Verizon says no way we are getting DSL but by the end of the year they're supposed to get the wireless internet access card running in this area and we should be able to move up in the world.

Steve

Thanks for the heads-up on that one, Frosty

That was very interesting.

I am very curious about that torch set-up. Would somebody care to elaborate on the way he has that rigged?

watchin' videos at work... no dial-up... high-speed... fiber optic...

Yeah... nice shorts.:D

Don

McMaster-Carr has one listed on page 3272 bottom of the page.(no easy way to link to it)

there is a pilot light thats always on. when you hang the torch up the supply to the torch is cut off. lift the torch its turned on at the same settings you had previously.

the cord is probably weighted and when he hits a pedal with his foot it lifts the handle turning it back on.

It's called a treadle torch it is a realy neat little gadget . It is a stand made out of tubing with another tube or rod inside it to raise the arm of a gas saver valve that turns on the gas to the torch and lights it . It requires to sets of hoses one set runs to the valve and the other set runs to the torch head . There is an oxygen flame that is constantly lit wich lights the torch when acctivated. Here is a link to some detailed pics of the gas saver valve and some of the treadle assembly
.TREADLE TORCH PLUMBING

A.S.T.

Did you blokes ( & shelias ) notice the shorts ?

I try NOT to notice Bill and his shorts Dale. Then again I'm about as far from down under as you can get on this planet. :rolleyes:

Bill rigged a gas saver with a treadle for hands off operation.

The pilot is acetylene.

Frosty

very very sweet.

wonder if I could do some smaller stuff with my mini. will have to get some pipe and try it out.

I got duelly fat pipes. 2 6m down 756 up cable modems on a load balancing router.

You can get sprint wireless unlimited data for 50 bucks if you get decent sprint reception in your area. I got one for work and its much faster than dial up 56k. I can download at about 180Kbs. Haven't done the conversions but its around 1Meg of speed.