I Forge Iron

This little girl needs lots of prayers

Woody

Ainslee, Seagraves, TX is in need of your prayers. Her parents are friends of my Daughter and her husband. She was born with congenital heart defects and has had several surgeries. She is facing another very difficult one in October. I have copied the latest post from her care page. Please pray for Ainslee, her mom Niki, her dad Jay and her little brother Slade.

"Hi all. I know you have been waiting for an update about our visit with the surgeon the other day; sorry we

Jesus my brother, you love the little children and one of yours needs help. Send Ainslee your love and fill her with hope. Give the doctors the knowledge and skill needed to attain your goal.You said when two or more of your flock gather together you would hear our prayers and the chain of smiths is long. Together with our fathers love goes ours...Ahmen.

LORD, YOU are Holy and worthy of all our praise. YOU are the TRUE HEALER and I know YOU are still in control. We ask that YOUR healing hand be on little Ainslee now and that you guide the Drs. as they attend her. Give comfort and strength to her dear parents, let them feel YOUR presents during this time. But above all, may YOU be Glorified in all this. Amen.

• 2 weeks later...

Ainslee had a small cavity in a tooth, but she could not have surgery with the cavity. Niki and Jay had a hard time finding a dentist who would treat a little girl with a heart condition but thankfully one was found in Hobbs, NM. God works in mysterious ways. This is the latest update from Niki, Ainslee's Mom.

"No more cavity!! A wonderful dentist, Dr. Shoemaker in Hobbs, fixed Ainslee's tooth. It was just a small shallow cavity and he didn't have her numb her or anything. She did wonderful!! Her allergies are still bothering her, I took her to the doc yesterday, and he said it's just her allergies and she should be fine. Mommy, Ainslee and Slade all received flu shots yesterday too. So that's that. Quartine is not fun, but tomorrow I hope to finish the laundry and start getting things organized to go.
We are 1 week from surgery and I can't even put into words how we feel. Maybe later... Just trying to function...
Anyway, my kids are in bed and I'm exhausted, I will write later. BTW, thanks to Amber and Loudene for helping to find the dentist. "Because we can't call people with out wings angels, GOD gave us the word FRIEND"

Here is the latest update on Ainslee. She came through the surgery in good shape. If you never believed in miracles, one happened today

Woody

29 October 16, 2007 at 05:41 PM CDT
Ainslee is in CICU and off the ventilator and slowly waking up. As she is waking up she is in alot of pain. She looks great considering what she's been through today. She only had to use one unit of blood and the rest will be donated to the blood bank after Nicole signs a release. We are all thankful that the 6 units that were not used will not be thrown away. Please continue to keep her in your prayers as it is going to be a long night for her as well as Nic and Gramz.
Love Becca

Latest update: Things are going exceedingly well.

October 17, 2007 at 03:10 PM CDT
Update: Sorry I am just now getting an update, busy here! Awesome news, Ainslee will be moving to the 15th floor to a regular room in a couple of hours! She has just done amazingly well, the doctors are so pleased and a little surprised. She asked us before we came in what she had to do to go home fast and we just told her to get better and do what the doctors say, and she’s doing it!! I can’t even tell you what a difference this experience has been. She is just making leaps and bounds. She came off the vent fine last night, but has had some collapsed lung issues, she is still on Oxygen because her sats are low without it, but better than a vent!! Her arterial line came out today, our central line came out today, foley came out today, we are just down to 2 iv lines and our chest tube. She’s been draining quite a bit of blood, but she’s only had 2 units, so that’s good. But they won’t take out the chest tube until she quits losing it, so that is the next hurdle. Normally we wouldn’t be able to go to a reg room with the chest tube, but they are going to let her. Yeah! She is complaining about pain quite a bit, but meds help, and the pain is to be expected. They are so surprised how well she’s doing, you guys wouldn’t even believe it. The power of prayer and an awesome medical team together are going to get this girl home faster than we thought, (we hope). Gotta go, doc coming in.

Latest update on Ainslee, she is doing good.

October 17, 2007 at 05:22 PM CDT
Okay, we are in a private room. Room #1529/cardiac unit. It is a nice size room and now Slade can be in here with us. He was so excited to see his big sister, but we can't let him touch her yet. She is doing pretty well. We also can also have our cell phones on now, I know some of you tried to call while we were in CVICU, but we couldn't have our phones on in there, sorry. She is in quite a bit of pain, they are weaning her off the morphine, to toradol and tylenol w/codine. She is still draining quite a bit of blood and her sats are still pretty low, so we will work on that. We don't know yet if the lung "fix" (medical term) will work for a couple of months, But it'll be okay. We can not thank y'all enough, your prayers and words, and blessings have helped us soooo much. We are truely blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives. Also, a big thank you to Becca, Dustin, & Ashlee, though I told them they didn't have to come, it sure was nice to have them here, to sit with us, to pray with us, and to do the "other" things that we couldn't think or function to do. Keep praying that she does well and hopefully we will be home soon to see y'all. BTW, thanks for all the notes/messages, they have delivered them and we have read them to Ainslee. I will try to post some pics later tonight or tomorrow. Lots of Love, Us

Today's update more prayers needed.

Woody

Update: Last night was kinda rough. Ainslee was in quite a bit of pain, we had to get her out of bed and she was in A LOT of pain. She just kept saying she wanted to go home and she hurt. I will admit, between her and Slade, momma got pretty stressed out and I hope my family forgives me. She didn't want me to leave, but she went to sleep, so I left a little before 11:00 pm and then went to bed around 12:00, Slade was pretty mommy clingly last night and I tended to him a couple times during the night, then was up at 5:00 and here by 6:00 just as they were doing her x-ray, checking to see if the collapse is resolving... haven't heard on that yet. Our blood slowed down, so our chest tube was just pulled out and stiched up, even with morphine she cried and said it hurt, but she let them and didn't jump out of bed, so that's good. Her O2 sats still aren't where they would like them to be, they are trying to get her off the oxygen, but her sats go down to 88 when they take it off, and even with the oxygen on are around 74 when she gets upset , so they are trying to figure that out right now. I have a theory, but who knows...
Some have asked me about the conduit that they put in, we won't know for a couple of months whether or not the lpa will grow or if she will ever gain function of that left lung, and yes as she grows, just like the other artificial parts of her heart, it will have to be replaced. We found out in the begining this is going to be a lifetime process, but I know GOD will continue to get us through. We appreciate all the scriptures, and messages, and Ainslee is LOVING the mail, so thank you. It helps SO much, we read the messages and feel your love. GOD bless you all, we love you. I'm going to go hunt down the nurse and see how the x-ray they did 20 minutes ago came out so I can give her something to drink, she's been NPO since 4 this morning, and she is thirsty, not been hungry yet, but maybe she will later! +-
BTW, sorry if this seems erratic, I keep starting and then have to stop.
Love, Us

Ainslee had a bad day yesterday please keep her in your prayers, this is the latest update from her Mom Niki

Woody

October 19, 2007 at 09:36 AM CDT
Well, after I updated you guys yesterday, our day went WAY downhill. We got Ainslee out of bed to potty and her pain level went way out of control. She screamed horribly, bless her heart, and she was miserable. Her O2 kept dropping, can't remember if I told you or not, but she has several areas of atelectis (collapse) on the left side and some pressure from removing the chest tube and she was plum miserable yesterday. We got her out of bed and tried to get her to walk, but she hurt so bad she screamed and screamed and cried and cried and her O2 levels dropped to the 64 and they had to give her some morphine to get it back under control. She was so wore out and tired that the morphine knocked her back out and they wouldn't really let her sleep yesterday, so she slept for about 30 minutes before they woke her to take her upstairs for an echo. When we arrived back in our room she FINALLY slept for a couple of hours. She wouldn't drink much yesterday I think because she didn't want to get up and go potty. When the doctor came in, he said she just did to much yesterday and we let her pain get out of control and it would be fine for her to use the bed pan, but she needed fluids. So, she finally pottied, we gave her some more morphine and she went to sleep. I felt so bad for her and helpless, she just kept telling Jay and I she wanted to go home. It was horrible. Gramz was on night duty, so I slipped out about 9:30 pm and went back to the hotel and nursed Slade and went to sleep a little after 10. I missed the 6:00 am shuttle just barely so I didn't arrive this morning until a little past 6:30, (the shuttle runs every 30 min). They told me she asked for me several times last night and they put her on motrin, which should help with the pain. But this morning when we had to take her downstairs for the x-ray, her pain level was pretty bad, so we took some tylenol 3, and are trying to get it back in check. I swore I would not let it get out of control like yesterday, but it's hard with pain meds, she can only have them so often... So now we are just sitting waiting on the doctor, her right side is pretty swollen, so I want to ask about that. Also, a bunch of you have asked about pictures, so I'm going to upload a few, some may be a little hard to look at, so PLEASE don't look if you think it might bother you, or if you've been through something similar before, I don't want to upset you.
Thanks for listening/reading. Love, Nic

Ainslee is doing better now

Woody

October 19, 2007 at 03:59 PM CDT
2nd update of today:
Well, we have seen the doc and the x-ray shows that the fluid hasn't decreased at all. The pain I told you about is finally back under control. They took her off the oxygen for a while and she's sat'n pretty well, the occasional dip, but other than that pretty well. If she will continue to sat well, will go potty and get up, which getting up is what she REALLY does NOT want to do. But if she will do all that, they might let us go to the hotel on Sat. or Sun. and then if all goes well, we may be able to go home next Friday or Saturday!! YEAH!! Now if we could only get her up! Respiratory therapy is here, gotta go.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all. May God bless and touch Ainslee. Bless the Doctors, Nurses and staff. Bless all the friends and family who have helped in any way. Bless all who have sent up prayers for Ainslee and her family. I ask for these blessings in JESUS' name. Amen

Kevin Middleton
canman

Some good news, here is the latest update from Niki, Ainslee's Mom:

October 20, 2007 at 12:50 PM CDT
Update: We are off oxygen, for now. YEAH!! But we will not be going to the hotel today. The fluid in her lung isn't moving at all, so they are concerned about pneumonia. Every doctor that has come in today say she needs to be up and moving around to help that lung. I don't think they understand we have been TRYING!! She did leave the room yesterday and rode in the wagon for a bit and she is going back and forth to the potty and today we have walked back and forth to the door several times, so I'm working on it. The surgical PA said she won't get to leave until she walk around the 15th floor several times! This a big floor and I tried to tell them that she wouldn't have been able to do that before surgery! But we will try and I will do what we have to, because she just doesn't like the hospital and wants to leave so badly. We have managed to keep the pain a little better in check, though shes still in quite a bit of pain, I think we would all be! :) Oh yea, we also managed to take out one of the iv's in our foot, so we only have one left!! Yeah! It had quit working and it was time to come out. I swear they should market the tape they use as an alternative to super glue! :) And then hire me to show people how to take it off!! So just a few more hurdles and we are still hoping to be on a plane home next Sat....
Oh, by the way, if you could please just send up a prayer for the other heart families, especially Emily Bergen, she's on this floor and will be here several more days. Hope this finds you all well. Hug those around you and know we love y'all.
Nic

Two updates today on Ainslee, please keep her in your prayers, she is getting better slowly.

Thanks Woody

October 21, 2007 at 08:01 AM CDT
Update: Well I've had about 3-4 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours, so if this seems a little grumpy, and all over the place I'm sorry.
Ainslee got up and walked a little yesterday. The x-ray yesterday didn't look any better and we are waiting on them to come do an x-ray today. The other iv had to come out yesterday, it was hurting her pretty bad, especially when we tried to walk, hindering our progress and not functioning real well, so they took it out. So yeah, we are iv free!! And as long as she doesn't wind up with pneumonia we shouldn't have to have another one!! Praises! :) She was pretty mommy clingy last night and wouldn't go to sleep, because she didn't want me to leave, and so she made me promise to stay. I finally got her to sleep around 11 pm and had to stay here. And man am I tired. I'd been averaging about 4-5 hours of sleep a night, but who can sleep here! Between the beeps, the nurses in and out, the other babies crying, and listening to Ainslee breathe and hoping and praying she doesn't get pneumonia. And I missed Slade, it was my first night ever away from him, and I'm sure he cried a lot! Poor baby and daddy! He normally nurses a couple times during the night, so it just broke my heart that he couldn't have his momma last night. I felt so torn. I'm sure daddy did what he could to console him. I haven't talked to him yet this morning, it's just 7:30am, so hopefully he'll call soon. And bring me some clothes so I can shower, get clean clothes on, take out my contacts and clean them, and put some make-up on, so I don't scare the nurses and docs too bad! We are hoping for a good day today, and maybe a release to the hotel later today. She's a little more like herself attitude wise, so that's a plus! :) She keeps counting her balloons, flowers, and mail and said she feels pretty special, so thank y'all. I found a good bible verse last night that I wanted to share with ya. "...let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." It's Sunday and are wishing we were at Sunday school and Church. Know that we miss you and love you. Nic

2nd Update: Dr. Frazier just came in and we won't be going to the hotel today.:( Maybe tomorrow... the sutures look a little red, and you know me and my paranoia about infection, so I asked him about it and he said maybe the sutures need to start coming out. We went down for an x-ray but still haven't heard on it, so I will let you know. Another day in the hospital, though it could be worse. :) I feel like crying, gotta go, I know y'all are praying hard, but Please send up a prayer for Gavin, a little boy here who is waiting on a heart transplant.

Hi everybody here is todays update from Niki. Please pray that this little girl don't have an infection in her incision. She had one when she had her first surgery several years ago and it required them to reopen the incision and let it heal from the inside out, she was in ICU for over a month then.

Thanks

Woody

October 22, 2007 at 06:57 AM CDT
Yesterday was great! Ainslee was more like herself, she even walked the floor a couple of times!! I think Dr. Frazier coming in and saying she couldn't go until she walked made her determined to go! :) Plus her daddy came and pushed her to do it! (And you all thought I was the tough one!) It wore her out pretty bad, but nonetheless, she did it. I bought her and Emily wands and she colored Emily a picture and took it to her. It was so sweet! She said "Momma, I'll help Emily feel better, I'll take care of her." What a girl! I am so blessed to have such a sweet girl. She colored a little bit yesterday, but was totally wiped by about 5 pm. Last night Daddy and Gramz stayed with her, and I went back to the hotel with Slade and managed to get about 6 hours of sleep! Yeah! Daddy came to the hotel at 5:30 this morning and I came back here to the hospital. Daddy and Gramz told me Ainslee did not have a good night, Dad said she was in pain, probably from pushing herself so hard yesterday, and itched her incision all night long!! It's still a little red, hopefully irratation from stiches, not an infection, please GOD don't let it be an infection!! The x-ray still isn't changing, still fluid on the left side, but maybe today. I will let you know if we get to go to the hotel and do some recovering there, they say sometimes the kids actually do better when they let them out... I think Ainslee would. Anyway, I will let you know after I talk to the docs. have a blessed day. kiss your little ones and oh yea, btw, Happy Birthday Tony!(that's my baby brother, He's 24 today.) :)

Latest update from Anislee's Mom Niki; She is being released from the hospital to the hotel and may get to go home this weekend

Woody

October 22, 2007 at 02:01 PM CDT
Yeah, the x-ray looks better and we are going to be released to the hotel!! Praises!!! The steri-strips came off, but Ainslee is still itching like crazy and we will be on meds for a while for the heart stuff, but we are busting out! That is when the nurses get all our paperwork ready, so it could be another couple of hours cause they are REALLY busy this Monday! :) We will back Wednesday for stitches removal and x-rays etc, but if all looks well they might let her get on an airplane Saturday or Sunday. I will let you know when we get back to the hotel, yeah!! Love to all!

• 1 year later...

Ainslee is back in Houston Children's Hospital and is undergoing a procedure today to put a Angioplasty to further open up the artery they grafted to her lung last year and the installation of a stint to keep the artery open. Please remember Anislee, her Mom Nikki, her Dad Jay and her brother Slade in your prayers.