I Forge Iron

This little girl needs lots of prayers

Woody

I just got an update from Niki: Ainslee was in surgery for almost 6 hours, they had difficulty getting the stint in because the anatomy of her heart is so messed up but the got it done. She is out and awake now and should be up in the cardiac unit in a bit. Tomorrow they will do a lung profusion test to see how well things went.

On Behalf of Niki, Jamie, Slade and Ainslee, I thank you all for your prayers.

This s the latest update from Niki, Ainslee's mom. Ainslee is doing good and should be released sometime today.

Thurs
Posted 6 minutes ago
Hi. Jay brought my plug, so I FINALLY have access! :0) We are still in the hospital. We will be here awhile longer. Ainslee isn't very happy & she's in & out of it. We had an xray & nuclear lung profusion scan this morning. She finally got to eat. After 36 hrs of not eating, she wanted chick-fil-a from downstairs, so her grandad went & got it for her. And she ate it! So maybe that will help perk her up a bit. They were in & out of here all night, so we slept from 5 till 7. They took off her leg compresses about 3 & the poke this morning was really the only time she REALLY cried & put up a fight.
I was so tired last night I forgot to tell you they did get the stint in. Her heart anatomy is so complicated it was difficult, but they got it in. Her lpa had gone from 4mm to 3mm so they put the stint in & then they ballooned it, stretching it to 9mm! PRAISES! Not sure if it will stay that size, but we are hoping & praying! Dr. Petit spent a lot of time with Jay & I last night explaining things & drawing it all out. She was in there for almost 6 hrs & did AWESOME! She tolerated it very well. So thank you for all the prayers on that. We got to our step-down monitored room around 11:30 last night & when we were in recovery & she was crying crying, Slade tried to crawl in bed next to her. It was so sweet. I know I was going to tell you more, but I can't think of it all right now.
We put up her banner from her class & she liked that when she woke up this morning. She received a couple of msgs & has enjoyed those. The FBI (the REAL FBI Houston division) came around singing Christmas carols this morning & came in & gave her an official FBI hat & showed her that they had arrested the Grinch! We took a pic with my phone, my camera batteries went dead when they got in here! Figures! Anyway, I got a couple! We told her the FBI does all the important stuff like finding missing kids & such things & she said "like arresting the Grinch" which was the most Ainslee thing she had said since yesterday. :0)
We will probably be here a while today, hopefully back to the hotel this afternoon/evening. I will let you know.
Love to you all,
Niki
PS New pics coming too.