I Forge Iron

Heart but not for Valentines

Last year my wife gave birth to our first child. While she was pregnant I made up more than enough hearts to equal or daughters birthweight. The extras were given out to doctors and nurses that helped with the birth. Now that she is a year old I finally got around to using them in a project, funny how time flies.
So this wall hanging is equal to her birthweight and the center top to the bottom equals her length.
6"ruler for scale.
post-4928-0-55664500-1390761437_thumb.jp

teeny man thats ace :) she will so touched when she is old enough to know how long things take, and how busy dads can be. and it IS funny how time flies, esspecially when you have a new person to mark the time so clearly! :)

How's this for a guy who's a relative newcomer to the craft? Tristan's a real comer.

As for the little one becoming a blacksmith one day, I'm her "weird uncle Jerry" so she'll be afforded plenty of opportunities for learning . . . interesting . . . things. <grin>

Frosty The Lucky.

We are all wondering what uncle jerry (weird or not) will want to teach her first. I do have to put my foot down at " forest management " but most everything else will be ok.
ausfire, thanks. The hearts went suprisingly fast. I made a couple each time I started up the forge. Made for a great way to use up scraps. Most were from 1/4" but there was some 5/16" and 3/8".