I Forge Iron

Story behind your screen name?

Glenn

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a reference to Moses' brass serpent.  I wanted to have a biblically based name for my forge.  I thought that "brass serpent forge" would confuse people into thinking I worked solely with brass.  I plan to work with it eventually, but my primary focus is iron and steel.  I played with the name in my head for a while and realized that I could alliterate the name if I call it "smithy" rather than "forge."  The acronym is also the sound a snake makes! SSS :D

amateur chisel maker, and on woodworking boards where I started, i took a lot of grief from people who liked the chisels I was making before I managed to figure out how to forge weld on a bolster (not a blacksmith or that wouldn't have taken as much creativity). 

After not hearing it for a while, one of the guys I made chisels for said "you need to start making and selling chisels instead of getting so wrapped up in getting the bolsters just the way you want". 

My real name is Dave.