I Forge Iron

Where to buy rounding hammer

Momatt

Dave Custer sells Brazeal type turning hammer, I don't know if Brian does though. You can buy commercial turning hammers at farrier supplies. but the very best deeal is takig a class with Brian, you get all the tools and lessons in how to use and make them. It's a win win.

Frosty The Lucky.

I have also really been interested in rounding hammers since seeing his videos. I hope to forge my own with him one day. Its not the same, but just for something to tied you over, you can do what I did and round off a hammer with a grinding wheel. So far I have taken a 2 lb engineering hammer and rounded it. I plan to do the same with a 3 and 4 lb. At less than $10 each from HF you can afford to play around a little.

Can you arrange to attend Quad-State in western OH in late September?  Lots of folks selling really nice hammers!

(and I go from NM when I can and a friend flies in from the US Virgin Islands; other friends drive from eastern Canada; shoot we've even had a fellow from NZ show up!)