I Forge Iron

Little Giant under new ownership

Got this email tonight. Thought it might be of interest.

Little Giant is changing ownership, effective immediately. In order to perpetuate the line of replacement parts, repair services and information, Little Giant will now be in the extremely capable hands of our machinist, Roger Rice. He will be assisted by our friend David Sloan, who has a great understanding of the mechanical operation of Little Giants. We will be assisting Roger and Dave during the initial transition, and Sid will continue teaching the annual Little Giant rebuilding class. The same telephone number and email address will move to the new location at

Midwest Machine,

6414 King Road,

Nebraska City, Nebraska 68410.

It has been a great 22 years, and we are profoundly grateful to have been a part of the blacksmithing community. We have often said we have the best customers in the world, and we do mean it. It has been an honor to not only help keep these venerable machines in operation, but to have made so many good friends in the process.

With sincere appreciation,

Sid Suedmeier and Keri Hincker

Phone number and email address on the little giant web site

Sid and Keri truly mean it when they say Thank you for your support.

But not to worry.  Sid's still going to be around in the wings.  If nothing else to slap me on the back of the head and for insight. 

Keri on the other hand is either going to give me the flight of the bumble bee's or flight of the Valkerye's song when she see's me doing something wrong.

I can offer this up about myself right now.  When you call Little Giant and you hear "Little Giant this is Dave", I am on my toes ready to help (I have some really really big shoes to fill).

Roger has been making the parts for the last 20 years, so you can expect the same quality.

I spent the last 10 years around Sid and Keri talking hammers (either rebuild or history).  If you've called Little Giant and said "My hammer is not running right" short pause because the hammer in the back ground sounded like yours should.  I was there or  "I have a Little Giant Perfect serial Number 6, which was original sold in Odell Ne." 

Dave from Diller soon to be Ne. City.

Dave so glad you are in this also.  Always nice to have someone you have confidence in answer the phone ready to help.  Give me a call if I can help.

Phil, always nice to have someone like you to help! Not many, if any can make a 25 pounder run like you can...

Same here Dave, holler if I can help... I know Sid will be close and be the most help of anybody...

• 3 weeks later...

Dave, are you aware of compatability of parts with Western Giant hammers.  I believe they were made in Canada as Little Giant replicas.  I sent Keri a bunch of measurements and dimensions from my 25 pounder but she never got back to me with her thoughts on compatability.

Lamey

Glad to hear you got it and sorry it took so long :D.

Sask Mark,

I'll check with Keri on Monday and see what we can come up with. 

Also if Peacock will chime in he might have some insight.  I do know that Meyer brother hammers not made in Mankato are off just enough that it could require major changes.

Dave