I Forge Iron

Father's day present for dad...

Black Frog

Not knowing what to do for Father's Day for my dad who is now 83, still in great shape and still looks forward to hunting every fall, I made this.  What great times we have had hunting together over the years....   I saw this design as a car window sticker, and instead of doing it all as a silhouette I wanted to make it a bit more three dimensional.

I made the frame from and old wrought iron wagon wheel that I recovered from my dad's old hunting area.  :)  I think he'll get a kick out of that.

post-25745-0-26048000-1371001812_thumb.j

post-25745-0-40420200-1371001825_thumb.j

Thanks!

I think he'll be quite surprised-  He lives about 6hrs away and I sent it  so that he should be getting it delivered tomorrow.

Of course I had to put a little somethin' on the back before it was boxed up... ;)

post-25745-0-81672500-1371225780_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks- he was quite surprised and loves it. Now the big debate for him is where to hang it. ..

Is the frame steel as well?

Frame is made from an old wrought iron wagon wheel, I flattenend a chunk and cut it down to 1" wide and left the original outside radius for the edge.