I Forge Iron

new to forging some of my first projects

Just confirming these pictures are of projects you have done, not projects that you would like to do as your first project??

As I feel it to be slightly insane to think someone new to forging could produce such a level of work off the bat.

Or maybe I should jusy hang up my hammers now lol

thanks for all the good feedback i am making them from 14 ga. scrap and round rod. cold forged then heat with tortch till i find some coal to forge with.DSCN2200 DSCN2201 these are what i did today, trying some new stuff well now i cant get my pics to come up

i cut them out with a plasma free hand same with the leaves. i will try to post some pics after work today.seems most of the work is in the shaping of the pedels, lots of hammering,lots of hammering

Well you arr doing it right! Gary Huston did a video on youtube with copper, and he was nice enough to put a pattern for the cut outs, so I'm going to try this as well, although I do not have a plasma cutter, I'll use the old tin snip method.

• 2 weeks later...