I Forge Iron

I just dumped 100 lbs of Elk Horn in a plastic garbage can and put the lid on.  Turns out those plastic burlap bags, are sort of biodegradable in sunlight, which I discovered when I tried to move the last bag. I rarely use more than a one gallon bucket for a couple of hours of forging. Short handled little shovel moves from the bag to the bucket.

Charcoal,  that's different. That was 5 gallons of fuel, at least, with a lot more shoveling and scooping.

Mr. Dale, your request is very specific. Why not design and build it. Shouldn't cost too much, it can be exactly what you need and you can finish it to any level you want to look good in the garage. Top loading, front opening, wheels or whatever. Cool part, you can forge all the hardware in the process.

I just finished this today. It holds about 700lbs of coal and its easy to get to, being right next to my forge. It's also got a door at the top of the back that flaps down so I can fill it up from the outside. :)

post-27440-0-88067300-1368225315_thumb.jpost-27440-0-22839400-1368225331_thumb.jpost-27440-0-32439100-1368225347_thumb.j