I Forge Iron

Hey pals,

just me forging an over kill nail to practice both tapering large stock material and striking/upsetting in a swage block:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LrYuATVaeTE

As always a high-res picture of the finished product:

8276564626_bd4b533500_k.jpg

Yours

- Daniel

I sure wish I was young again and could hammer like that for 10:27 minutes without stopping, in the cold.

I just wish I had the ambition to start that project,,,,without the power hammer.

When you can still forge with 70 it is a gift anyway! Some people have to give uo in their 30s...

daniel thats brilliant! i love that youve bothered to do that, you have Defineately put some serious effort in there. Love it! and the finished article shows what the fuss is all about. looks wonderful :)

Thank you beth I am really motivated to keep up my work since so many people seem to enjoy what I do. When I can already pass on that very little knowledge and experience I gathered in the year I am forging yet to people that are keen to learn and interested in the craft it really fills me with joy.

• 1 month later...