I Forge Iron

a few recent pieces

Dave Budd

I've been finishig this lot off this week and since I don't often post my work here, I thought it's about time :) Most of these are comissions, so are ging off to their new homes in the next few days.

After a couple of months of not being able to do anything due to my minor oopsy (nearly removed a finger on a strip light!) it feels good to be back at the forge :sun:

Jacksonparang.jpg
blade is 13" (10" sharp) CS80CrV2, handle is oak (from my woods) with green tritium inserts

Jacksonulu.jpg
3" blade of O1, handle of pearwood

DIkitchen.jpg
Not the best picture (the wood is MUCH better looking in real life). Blade 7 3/4" of O1, copper leather and Ironwood handle. 2mm thick making it nice and slicey :)

campcopper.jpg
campcopper2.jpg
Again, not the best pic.  Really like this knife, I thik I'll be doing more copper mouths on sheaths ;)  6 3/4" blade of CS80CrV2, copper leather and oak handle. 2mm thick again.

hans-1.jpg
A copy of my EDC but with a few changes to suit the customer's tastes :)

Next week I've got a few axes and hawk heads to make. Best get some sleep tonight! :pirate:

yeah, me too. I'd always avoided them because I felt they should be a complete loop and soldered at the back/side. Since I'm not very good at soldering, it was something I wasn't comfortable with. Then I thought nuts to that and just left it open on the welt side of the sheath and treated it like another part of the leather. If anything on this sheath I think it looks better than if I had done a complete loop! :D

• 2 weeks later...