I Forge Iron

What's the brand of your band saw machine?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Roll-In, had it for 15 years and I still love it. It's the most versatile saw I've ever used. I can cut a 8''x12'' I beam or cut out a grape leaf if I like. I've even made my own 1''half round stock in long lengths with the help of an special vice I made...I could go on and on....They are a bit spendy but I see them on ebay for pretty reasonable prices fairly often.

I have a 7x12 Wilton, I've been happy with it. I bought the saw scratch and dent from a dealer in Nashville for a good price. They weld the saw blades for me when I need new ones but I've had great success silver soldering ones that have broken. I've considered buying a roll or spool(whatever they're called) and just doing it myself.

I have a 7x12 Wilton, I've been happy with it. I bought the saw scratch and dent from a dealer in Nashville for a good price. They weld the saw blades for me when I need new ones but I've had great success silver soldering ones that have broken. I've considered buying a roll or spool(whatever they're called) and just doing it myself.

I usually purchase my saw blades online but I have never tried getting from local dealers.

I have two - an old Kearney and Trecker vertical, 3-phase, 10 speeds - and a very old Craftsman horizontal.  Whoever made the Craftsman for Sears did a great job, it's still cutting straight after more than 40 years.

Whoa , That sounds great. What's the model of your Craftsman?

I have the Dewalt hand held that must have a million miles on it. I picked it up used six years ago in a very used condition. I have run about 15 to 20 blades through it on countless projects.  If this one should ever quit on me (which is highly unlikely) it will be replaced with a brand new one.  These are fantastic machines. Seriously, the other makers of these saws just dont compare.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...