I Forge Iron

What's the brand of your band saw machine?

I've got a 17" Grizzly wood/metal vertical bandsaw.  Have had it for a couple months but have been impressed by the quality and details of construction.  It has a built-in phase converter/VFD for speed control and runs on single phase 220V.  I've been very happy with it for my wood and metal projects to date.  I am generally a top-of-the-line-brand-name type of guy, and imports aren't my thing, but I did my homework and read lots of good things about this saw. 

My $0.02 anyway.

I've got a 17" Grizzly wood/metal vertical bandsaw.  Have had it for a couple months but have been impressed by the quality and details of construction.  It has a built-in phase converter/VFD for speed control and runs on single phase 220V.  I've been very happy with it for my wood and metal projects to date.  I am generally a top-of-the-line-brand-name type of guy, and imports aren't my thing, but I did my homework and read lots of good things about this saw. 

My $0.02 anyway.

When did get your bandsaw?  As I searched on the internet, there was a recall alert for G0640X   band saw last 2008-2009  since it was missing ground wire .  

post-9924-0-03250700-1359003766_thumb.jpi've got a Doall 3 wheel 36" vertical bandsaw, made in '64, they still make this model, its $28,000 new.  The older bandsaws are well made from heavy guage steel, oh and it has a blade welder.  My horizontal bandsaw is a harbor freight, its the same model wilton and a few other manufacturers sell, its served me well, but i'd like to get something more accurate, maybe a cold saw?

attachicon.gifIMG_0165.jpgi've got a Doall 3 wheel 36" vertical bandsaw, made in '64, they still make this model, its $28,000 new.  The older bandsaws are well made from heavy guage steel, oh and it has a blade welder.  My horizontal bandsaw is a harbor freight, its the same model wilton and a few other manufacturers sell, its served me well, but i'd like to get something more accurate, maybe a cold saw?

3-wheeled band saw machine breaks bandsaw blade easily.

1975 WF Wells A7, used mostly as a vertical with a small home made table.

-- How long did you have that band saw?

• 3 weeks later...

Recently purchased a grizzly swivel head bandsaw cause i frequently make picture and mirror frames. Dead on straight cuts wihen using quality blades. I had to tweek the auto shut-off switch but for once, a purchase that exceeded my expectations Walker turner bandsaw? I bought a walker turner drill press for $75 15 years ago and still going strong

Today I snagged a CRAFTSMAN 3 x 5 inch at yard sale for $25,,,, With motor and stand ... Research shows it was made by ATLAS-Clausing......... Kind of rough and rusty,  needs some TLC, needs friction band for drive wheel and blade.... Funny thing is the "good old boys" were probably laughing at me for buying it as it runs "backwards" (blade on left instead of right), but they were not smart enough to know if you flip blade inside out it "works"....

Any body know a place to get friction bands besides SEARS ( yes they have them at $20 each)...

Dale

Today I snagged a CRAFTSMAN 3 x 5 inch at yard sale for $25,,,, With motor and stand ... Research shows it was made by ATLAS-Clausing......... Kind of rough and rusty,  needs some TLC, needs friction band for drive wheel and blade.... Funny thing is the "good old boys" were probably laughing at me for buying it as it runs "backwards" (blade on left instead of right), but they were not smart enough to know if you flip blade inside out it "works"....

Any body know a place to get friction bands besides SEARS ( yes they have them at $20 each)...

Dale

It's a 1960 Craftsman tool . Have you tried checking with amazon or ebay?

Wellsaw Model 58BD.....found on Craigslist a few years back when I was looking for a horizontal/vertical bandsaw. This thing is old and has seen some abuse,but is still kicking.For the price I couldn't beat the capacity or the diversity.The table is missing for the vertical operation,but I have the technical plans for building one.......someday.Oh,and the company still has parts availible!!

Wellsaw Model 58BD.....found on Craigslist a few years back when I was looking for a horizontal/vertical bandsaw. This thing is old and has seen some abuse,but is still kicking.For the price I couldn't beat the capacity or the diversity.The table is missing for the vertical operation,but I have the technical plans for building one.......someday.Oh,and the company still has parts availible!!

I've been purchasing aftermarket parts for my band saw.