I Forge Iron

where can I get mircata for handles and sheath making?

MAke it? Found it quite easy to do, time consuming depending on what sort of fabric you have to cut up.
BUT then you can also control the thickness, colors and shape of it. 22 layers of denim = about 10mm - 15mm.
Been thinking about making knife blanks to press the material over and shape into a sheath like that.

There is a thread on here with a lot of good information. Micarta information. I have done a little home made micarta and as Aden said, its easy albeit a little messy, but as the link shows, the possiblities are endless!

You forgot to mention making Micarta (or Trycarta in my case) can be addicting! :rolleyes:

And that addiction may move into more advanced stages, next thing you know you are into mosaic pin making, similar processes! B)

• 3 weeks later...

I use a some micarta that is made by a guy in California. He makes it himself and he calls it "Guycarta". Check him out on YT. His name is Guy Noble. He makes some awesome stuff. Burlap, canvas, cloth, camo, paper etc. Basically whatever you are looking for he can help you out. His quality is better than anything out there and his prices are way better than any knife supply company. I have bought several slabs from him and he always throws in some extra to try out too! I hope this helps