I Forge Iron

personal stamps

Are you talking about a mark for iron work or for a blade?

I hot-mark my iron work with a stamp I made. I used to use it on my blades, but I have recently started electro-etching them.

Yes! No! Maybe....given the amount of information you have supplied. (I need to buy another vehicle, tell me if a small commuter car, a pickup or a dump truck be best for me???)

You making Gates or knives, hand stamping or using a press, etc

One thing that is rather a constant thesedays though---it's a lot easier to google a name than a graphic!

I was at the abana conference and putting another nail in the nail tree and while I was admiring all the other nails I saw one I didn't make with my touchmark on it :). Apparently there is someone else out there using the same letter configuration on theirs I have been using since I was a kid. I woud love to know who it is and see how our names match up.

Mo,

Register your chop as yours if you use if for ID on your work. A simple incorporation in your state will suffice and list the name of the Corp as your initials or whatever letter sequence you use. it's a practile way to protect your work.

My forge is called Carrabassett Valley Forge, I use the letters "C.V.F. " for the chop and its listed as the name in the incorporation document.

Peter