I Forge Iron

Stan's Hammer In 2012

Darn it, Eric. I was hoping that you'd be able to make it up, at least for one day. We get together every year, so maybe next year. And, I'm sure that if you had a Saturday, or something, later on that you could make it, Stan would be glad to see you. He's always ready to meet other smiths. :)

I like company anytime!!!! :D

address is:
6303 State Rt 127
Pinckneyville, IL

cell#: 618-924-4032

Stan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was originally planning on coming up on Thursday and having a bit of an extended trip. It looks now like my nephew is going to have to have knee surgery on wednesday. So chances are I won't be able to come up until Saturday. Just thought I'd give a bit of an update.

stan with a good pilot you need about 3000 feet to land a c-130 a lot better on your nervs if you have 6000 feet

6000 feet is little over a mile (5280');
so with property here being 1/4 mile wide X 1/2 mile long X all the hills which add more ground coverage and helping to slow landing speed climbing those same hills, a safe landing should be possible for a good pilot - with a great crew chief telling him/her where to go! :rolleyes: .

Could also mudify this place for added safety. B)

As for taking off again that is the simple part!

All the hot air generated here at a hammer-in should allow for vertical take off like a Harrier jet! :P

David will be nice finally putting a face to a screen name. :D

BTW: If we have at least 2 known crew chiefs now, both could at least honk when flying over if they have not got enough time to stop in. LOL :wacko:

Stan - Thanks from Michael, Aaron and Bill. A great time was had. Great meeting everyone there!
We had to get back to Wisconsin by Sunday morning so we had to sadly cut out Saturday night.

But the reason for this post, as Stan stated "this ain't Vegas", so let me be the first - https://picasaweb.google.com/107525981194538192612/StanSHammerIn2012

Once again - THANKS Stan!
Bill

Had a great time seen old friends made new friends learned how to make a cross(thanks george rt and stan) listend to a lot of hot air being blown, ate some great food thanks to the best looking cooks in the country .overall had a great time this was my second year comming and next year will bring the wife and a few friends.