I Forge Iron

Hand Hammer BPM

Glenn

Wow! and the hammer head was loose ( no wonder) he hit it back on without missing a beat. I am sure Frank Turley could have done that way back when. I wonder why he does not just saw off six inches of his hammer handles, he don't use it.It looked like all wrist and forearm action too.

Phoney baloney! The chickens are moving about way too fast and watch how fast he reheats the piece. Another bogus item put on utube! Once again it proves wot I sad before. All you need to put something on the net is a puter. Honesty is simply not required. There is a part of this that may have some value. He does work efficiently and for sure hads a plan to hif forging. New folks could watch and learn from those items alone. And a little disclaimer; I have no way of knowing who filmed or edited this and put it on utube. The 'smith may not have been a part of that.

I thought it was great. Whatever he is using as a forge leaves Grants induction forge in the dust! Man that thing heats up fast.
Thanks for posting Glenn. I was forging and then the rain started so I had to come inside. This video was just what I needed to get rid of my gloomy disposition.

It has to be real. I mean the Popeye video about Olive oils blacksmith shop was real. Wasn't it? :mellow: :P

I think he is working more than one blade at a time of the same design. He does certain operations more than once...It seems they should be stopping points, then he is doing the same thing again.

I wonder if the 4X in the top left corner means something...

Phil

Notice the incredibly short stroke to the hammer! Like almost all in the wrist. I don't know how he can breath with that respirator. I can only do less physical things with that kind. And yeah, I could never wear a heavy glove (or any glove for that matter) on my hammer hand.