I Forge Iron

The Axes of Evil

No this isn't about Ronald Reagan or Geo Bush.

Something I whipped up for RPFS for my booth stock

All are mild steel bodies with a 60 point C steel edge insert. Used my own secret formula that no one else on this planet can truly duplicate to brown them...the browning turned out oh so NICE too...Just takes a while to do it right..these took a little over a week or so to brown.

Handles are the so call "universal" ones you get from "buckskinner" supply places made from Hickory that I attacked with a rosebud on my oxy/gas touch and rubbed down with my favorite snake oil

JPH

post-71-0-09405400-1302807041_thumb.jpg

Used my own secret formula that no one else on this planet can truly duplicate to brown them...the browning turned out oh so NICE too...Just takes a while to do it right..these took a little over a week or so to brown.

Greetings JPH,

You are prolific in your axe making! Would you call them axes or tomahawks? The Forging looks flawless. I really like the clean, functional lines of the heads. Is the scalloped edge historic, or your own interpretation? It looks great regardless.

Had to Google RPFS. Fascinating! Interesting People.

I would like to guess the secret ingredients of your browning formula. Is it Barley Pop, pronghorn steaks, and asparagus? :)

Robert

• 6 months later...