I Forge Iron

face forging on utube

I just watched it on the iPod it worked fine will check it out

worked fine on a dull old windows machine about 5 minute ago

Good work there. It's quite interesting that you did all the work from the front. Before I saw the video I would have thought you'd done it like repousse, ie from both the front and behind. The speeded up bit of the video is quite effective.

<br>Very cool! I'm surprised as well you only work from one side, almost like carving stone, once you land a hit thats it! I really like to see the progression as well, you selling any work? pricing?<br>
<br><br>Well, I'm just starting to change directions from smithing to this type of work, I'll be retiring from my smithing job in a few years and will need something to do to" keep me off the streets" So i will be developing my skills to that end. Once a smith always a smith. Retirement is just a myth propagated by the.....awww just fergitit.&nbsp;<div>&nbsp;&nbsp;I did donate two pieces to ABANA for the auction a few months back ,.... never heard what happened.</div>

Searched and started it thru U-tube,great video.I like the music too.
What are you using for a backer/form?
Did you ever come to a decision about what you might be willing to sell your "scrap" for?When you do price it I`m sure you`ll find a ready market here,hint hint.

Once again,very nice work and thanks for taking the time to make and post the video.Now that you have it how about a link to it on your site.I`m sure folks viewing your work there would love to see it too.

Thanx mainley I,m startin ta like ya, may have a piece of scrap fer ya , will git back ter ya

Searched and started it thru U-tube,great video.I like the music too.
What are you using for a backer/form?
Did you ever come to a decision about what you might be willing to sell your "scrap" for?When you do price it I`m sure you`ll find a ready market here,hint hint.

Once again,very nice work and thanks for taking the time to make and post the video.Now that you have it how about a link to it on your site.I`m sure folks viewing your work there would love to see it too.

• 1 month later...

The first one took six months,...this one took 1 1/2 hours the incomplete ones can take as little as 45 mins

Did you study anatomy in art school, the face in the video looks like it.Or was it trial and error like most of us rely on?....Brilliant stuff! macbruce

The material is 14 ga. backed by a 6"pipe with 1/2 " round sticking out for support of the nose. The pipe was squished (thats a tech. blacksmithin' term) in a vise, to be 1/3 narrower than the height . I just discovered sheet metal about a year ago this stuff is great!! it will do what ever you want it to!. So I borrowed an art book, looked at the pictures and away I went, the most difficult part of every blacksmithing endeavor is getting your tooling right.

I still say that a person of your talent would be a big hit as a teacher/demonstrator if he was inclined to share his secrets.
Judging by the videos on your site you have excellent communication skills and I know up here there would be people lined up to take classes from a fellow like you.

I could pass along some contact info if you think you`d like to come to Maine.

Oh great, now my head is so big i can't get out of the room. I would like to thank you for such kind words, My wife always wanted to see Maine, me too, Norse blood runs hot . So my wife says I should think about taking you up on your offer, in the future, maybe.