I Forge Iron

MOST practical type of forge!!!

I admit that it's cool looking, but it's like a Swiss Army knife with about ten too many blades.

I love the fact that it's a side-blast. I don't recall ever before having seen a portable side blast like that.

You guys are missing the point.That`s a pic of a forge that`s also being used in it`s function as a temporary transportation fixture for a vise.
Once you get where you`re going you take the vise off and bolt it down somewhere that is out of the way of the forge and with your 2 30 gallon barrels(one for water and one for fuel) you pretty much have all the big bases covered.
The tray that was used to transport the vise now becomes a place to put tools and/or cooling work.Pretty handy when reduced to it`s sub-assemblies,although the vice is ugly and has too many moving parts.I suspect a substitution would be in order and entirely acceptable.
Might I suggest a separate leg vise? ;)

These like combination vise/anvil/grinders were intended for really light use, not general forging. It's probably intended for light repair work, say you needed to straighten a bent barn hinge and didn't want to drag the whole smithy with you or go to the farm, dismount the door, return to the shop, do the repair abd THEN return to the farm and remount the door. Much better to have a really portable multi-use piece of equipment to take places.

Seriously, not only won't a vise/anvil combo tool NOT take serious forging, the stand the whole sheebang is on wouldn't either. Nor would the vise take anything like serious forces without falling over. :o

Of course the foundryman at Columbian Tools may have had too much time on his hands that day. . .:blink:

Of course that's just my opinion, I could ;) be wrong.

Frosty the Lucky.

I see it is for use on "remote raunches". Is a remote "raunch" something like Mustang Ranch in the middle of remote ranches?? Sorry-words words words......
There are a lot more misspelled words in the guy's ad, but remote raunch is a gem.
That forge is a beauty though!!! What a collector's item.

• 2 weeks later...

the problem i would see with a tool like this is proper hight for hammering and if you put to much torque on the vice you could tip the whole thing over.

I recon the biggest downside to this tool is going to be the lady behind the check-in desk at American airlines,

the problem i would see with a tool like this is proper hight for hammering and if you put to much torque on the vice you could tip the whole thing over.

I recon the biggest downside to this tool is going to be the lady behind the check-in desk at American airlines,